Saturday 8 August 2009

Driving Rules- FAQ

Do I need a driving licence?

Yes, you must always have a driving licence with you when you drive. These are available after an intensive driving course & a test, or by popping round the back of the market to the third door on the left, ask for Vikram.

Is there a limit to number of people I can carry in my car, on my bike, autorickshaw, tractor etc?

No, the maximum number of people you can carry is up to you, your gods, & Newton's laws. Alternatively if you run out of fingers & toes that's probably enough passengers.

There is a truck going 2kph less than me 2 meters ahead & 2 trucks & a tractor abreast in the oncoming lane. Is it correct to overtake?

Absolutely, all traffic in India is surrounded by a force field about 2cm thick over which is a thin layer of an invisible Teflon-like substance. Overtake, go for your life! Enjoy!

I am driving along a 4 lane highway with a pleasant grassy central reservation. There are vehicles travelling at high speed in both directions in all four lanes. Should I be worried?

Absolutely not, see above.

I approach busy a roundabout. There is a cow standing on the podium where the policeman should be. What should I do?

  1. Drive resolutely towards cow veering to left or right of the obstacle according to your mood.
  2. Slither

I had a dream the other night, I was looking at a copy of the Indian Highway Code. Inside the beautifully embossed cover was one sheet of paper & on it was written "This Page Intentionally Left Blank"

No comments:

Post a Comment